Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Val's class




It is an 8th grade tradition at St Margaret Mary for the class to take an end of year trip. This year they are taking a chartered bus to KC to go to Worlds of Fun. The class has fundraisers all year to pay for this trip. So, off and on we baked cinnamon rolls, had wear jeans for $1 day, sold cotton candy and popcorn. All kinds of stuff. Now, I am not the room mother. That is my friend Carol's job. And she has done an excellent job too!


Mark and I have been wanting to do something for the class. So, they did not raise enough money to get class t shirts made also, so we decided we were going to do this as a gift from us to them. We should get them back next week.


These kids are a really tight group. It has been a pleasure to share all of these years with them. I have known some of them since 4 yr preschool. There is not a bad one in the bunch. But, change happens, and next year, 6 will go to Kapaun, and 10 will go to Bishop Carroll. That is going to be hard on them, but as I told Val, she can be friends with whoever she wants to be friends with. Just because they are separated does not mean they will never see each other again.


I do hope they stay close. It will be a challenge, but I don't think you can spend up to 10 years with someone and just drop them. That thought makes me sad, so I will focus on the happy. They have worked hard, and in just over a month, they will be rewarded.


Next week, I will post some pictures of them in their shirts.SHHHHH don't tell them about them, it's a surprise!!


Love,


Michelle the lunch lady- as the kids at school call me.

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

I won't tell a soul.
What a wonderful, thoughtful thing for you guys to do for such a special group of kids. It has been nice to get to know them, well some of them.