Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pneumonia

The mere mention of the word sends shivers up my spine!!! Emily had a near deadly case of it in March before her 4th birthday. I still remember every day of her ordeal.
And now I read on myspace that Muffy (our cousin) has come down with it. I really feel for her! I think it is good though that she is an adult. Maybe her immune system will be able to fight better, than a child's. I pray that is so.
This is nothing to mess around with! Every November Emily has to go and get shots to immunize her for the next year. Every time I hear of someone that has it, it gives me the heeby-jeebies. I think I hate it more than anything in the world.
Oh Muffy, I hope you have a speedy recovery! I will send you reminders to get your shots too, next year, because you will be succeptible now, at this time of year, especially! Keep warm, take a lot of warm baths, and rest up!! You have always been a good momma to your boys, now is their turn to take care of you for a while. Or at least 1 week for every day you are sick. That is how long it takes to repair the damage. Emily was down and out for over a year technically, but you would think she still was if you saw her when I tell her to clean her room.
Love -especially to Tema,
Michelle

No comments: