Monday, April 14, 2008

Race Day




I will start out by saying I can't sleep. I know it is almost 330 in the morning. Mark just left to go to Oklahoma for the week. Maybe I can get a little later on. Maybe not.




Saturday was race day. Valleri and Emily participated in the Link 4 Life race. It was at the zoo in Wichita. It was to benefit suicide prevention, which is a good cause. Val ran in the 1 mile race, along with 3 other girls from her school. Allison, Katherine, and Emma. They are in the 7th grade. Val was 8th to cross the finish line, and came in 4th in the girls division. Her time for the 1 mile was 7:41. She wants to beat that when she runs in her first track meet , this Saturday.


Emily ran for the first time. She ran the 3/4 mile. She was the only person she knew in her race, but that is ok, because she is all business before she competes in anything, so she wouldn't have talked or messed around at all. She finished I think 11th. Her time was 6:17.




It was a fun morning. Val's long distance coach also ran, as did his daughter Shanae, from Emily's class. They both did awesome in the 5k. Also running that race, was the girls math teacher Mr. Jones, and my lunch lady friend, Carol.




I am so proud and have a lot of respect for anyone who competes. They are all heroes in my book (blog).




Anyway, maybe I will try laying down again for a while. It probably won't work. Oh well.




And on the lunch menu today-pizza, fruit, corn, and cookies. I will bake the cookies. I am not sure what kind yet. Maybe sprinkle. They are Val's favorite......




Love to you all,


Michelle

2 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

I want some of those cookies, especially if they have sprinkles.
I, too salute those that have the ability to put their hearts and bodies to such torture. I love watching the running, and proud of "my" girls.

Danelle said...

Woohoo!!! Run girls run.