Thursday, April 24, 2008

Meet Juan


This is Juan. He is not part of the original six, he came and joined the class in 4th grade.
Now, here is a boy who has lived an interesting life. I am positive that there is more to it, than I know, but I will share with you my thoughts about Juan.
He was born in Venezuela. His father died fighting in a war around the time he was born. So, Nelly was left a widow, with a baby. She was befriended by a priest working there, Fr. Richard. He is now our parish priest, and everywhere he goes, he takes them with them. They are a unit. Nelly works as his housekeeper.
When Juan came, I worried about him, because he was obsessed with Hello Kitty. Everything he had had Hello Kitty on it. Stickers, school supplies, toys, radios, anything.
Anyways, Juan grew up and ditched the Hello Kitty and started hanging with the girls. If you go to a track meet, and locate Val, Juan is with her. If Val is competing, just look for Karlee. At lunch, and before school, he is surrounded by girls. He is a great guy. He has really come a long way from when I first met him.
Juan is also bound for Kapaun. But, since he lives on the school grounds of St Margaret Mary, I am sure I will see him on days off,and Val can maybe still see him on Saturdays, before we go to Mass.
Do I love Juan? Sure I do, he is one of the best of '08.
Love to Juan,
His best friend (inside joke)

No comments: