Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Meet Karlee




I have decided to write a little something about each of the kids in Val's class before they graduate, since I have gotten to know them so well over the years.
Karlee is my friend Carol's daughter, and has been one of Valleri's best friends since they met in 4 year old preschool. She and Val make up 2 of the original 6 I wrote about earlier.
This is one cool girl! You know, how there is a smart kid in every class? Well that is Karlee. She is the top student. She deserves it too, I think she works really hard! She is also going to BCCHS next year. She will be part of their cum honore program. Which means top honors classes pretty much all the way through. She is Notre Dame bound, and I believe she will go all the way!
I remember a lot of things about Karlee. Going for McDonald's in the middle of the night, the drive in, about a million sleepovers, swim parties, halloween party in 6th grade and in 7th the New Year party. There are way too many to count.
Karlee has 1 brother and 2 sisters, and she is the PROUD aunt to Dylan and Aubrey. I have gotten to see her recently with her niece and nephew when she did not realize anyone was watching, and her caring nature really shows through!
She is awesome at sports. She played on the volleyball and basketball teams, and is the only other girl in 8th grade, with Val, on the track team. She throw shot put and discus, and she always places.
I hope I am able to see Karlee, next year. I know there will be some separation. Working with Carol though, I know I will be able to at least keep up on her happenings, and I know that everything she will do, will be aces.
She is one of the best!
Love to Karlee,
Michelle

No comments: