Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Being competitive


I am super competitive, when it comes to the girls sports. It is not my fault. They made me become that way. No, I am just kidding. It was always in me. Val has played softball since 3rd grade and volleyball, basketball, and track since 6th. And this year she added cross country. Emily has danced since 1st grade, played softball since 2nd and is now in her first year of volleyball, basketball, and track.

Mark calls me Sports Kid Mom, which is a sly remark having to do with a show that used to be on called sport Kids Moms and Dads. They were ultra competitive. I want my kids to do good. I think of myself more as a cheerleader. And not just for them. Anyone I know that is playing gets to hear from me, and get my support.

Now, track season starts on Saturday. I imagine I will be sitting by myself on the bleachers. But that's ok, because I have a megaphone.

Love,

M

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

Being a cheerleader is in the MOTHERS MANUAL, didn't you know that? Being loud, and crazy is rule #5. It's right behind rule #4, Driving the carpool, and before rule #6, Mom can I have....The only thing any better is in the Grama's Manual; rule #1, the more grandkids, the more you can act crazy.