Sunday, April 20, 2008

8th grade class


Mark went on Friday and picked up the t shirts we had made for Valleri's class. I was able to go into their classroom in the afternoon before dismissal and give them to them. They were so excited! It made my day.

I have said before that this is a great group of kids, and I stand behind my words.
If you start at the back, they are Juan, Braedon, Garrett, Tianna, DJ, Jordan, Adrian, Julie (Davis), Estefany, Jennifer. Then in the front, Zach, Julie (Nguyen) Jessica, Val, Karlee, and Vinh is kneeling down.
Val, Karlee, Julie Davis, Braedon, Zach and Jordan are what I call the original 6. They have been in this school since 4 year old preschool! Well, truth be told, Jordan did leave for less than a month in 1st grade, but came back, because all he learned to do in public schools was to draw pictures of boys peeing and flip people off.
Yesterday in the car, I was reminded of a story. When Val was in kindergarten, DJ (tall kid in the back) and Val met, and they have had an ON/OFF relationship since. They either love each other like boyfriend/girlfriend or not so much. Anyway, this was in kindergarten. DJ was the best listener of the day, so he got to wear a pair of bunny ears during story time. It was a big honor at the time. Val sat next to him, and got into trouble, because she was feeding him pretend carrots. This was the first time the little princess ever got into trouble at school ( she is not a chronic offender, but she has managed a few other slip ups in her 10 years there). Anyway, her punishment was she had to change her stoplight from a green card to yellow. For a day. She was devestated. I thought it was funny! She learned her lesson though.
Well, I have more funny stories about them. I am sure I will write about all these kids some more before the end of the school year.
Just a little story to get you through the day. I will write more later, after Emi's birthday parties.
Love,
Michelle

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

The class looks so neat. Good job!!