Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Meet Julie (D)


Julie Davis has been Val's friend also, since preschool. She is planning on going to Kapaun Mt. Carmel next year, but I still will love her, and claim her. Even though her blood will run blue and white instead of green and gold.

She is a super sweet girl. I cannot count how many times I would pick her and her brother Tommy up and take them swimming. I also remember the times she would need rides to practice, or when she would go with us to watch Val's cross country meet. Although, I think she was more interested in watching the boys than Val.

She is a protector. She taught Valleri how to steal the ball in basketball, and immediately sit down, so they could not take it from her. I guess I would describe her as the muscle of the team. She has an awesome volleyball serve (overhand) and is probably the best defender on their basketball team.

I have never seen her play soccer, myself, but I hear she is really good.

I will always remember her telling me that I was her best friend, not Val. That used to make Val so upset, when she was super small, but it was just a joke. I will also remember everything she would say to me would start "Jeesh Michelle". and a little roll of the eyes.

I will miss my Julie. She only lives about 30 blocks straight down Hydraulic from us, so I am hoping it is not the end of Val's (and my) time with her.

She is a special girl, and she too, is one of the best.

Love,

Jeesh, Michelle!- but only to my Jules!

No comments: