Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kevin

I did not want the school year to slip by, without remembering Kevin. This little guy is a 1st grader, at SMM. Isn't he adorable? I, lovingly, call him the Bobble Head Boy, because his head is humongous compared to the rest of his body.
Every day he comes into the kitchen, and I write him a note with everything we are having for lunch that day. I used to tell it to him, but it was too much to remember. He tells Mrs Samms and his teacher every day.
This kid is cute. When I took this picture, I had taken my camera to take pix of Val's class, but he wanted his picture taken too, then, he kept popping up in the bottom of the next 3 or 4 pix I took.
One more funny story. The other day, I was writing his note, with a mechanical pencil out of my purse, and he asked if he could have it. It's just a pencil, so I said sure, and gave it to him. Well, by lunch, he had lost the pencil. A few days later, I was writing his note with a different pencil, that had flowers on it, and he asked if he could have it. I said yes, but it had flowers on it. He took the pencil, and asked me to buy some with dinosaurs on it. For next time.
I will miss him this summer. He always brightens my day.

No comments: