Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Flowers


Last Tuesday, Claudia, Carol, and I were surprised with gifts of lilies, chocolates, daisies,and a lovely card, by our friend Jeff Heimerman. His son, Christian,and daughter Aubrie went to school at SMM. Christian had been in Emi's class since preschool, in fact.

Anyway, they decided it was time for them to move on, and have enrolled their kids at St Peter, Schulte for next year. A lot of people have decided to leave. I think there are a total of 23 kids that will not return. That is too bad. They mostly say that they want their kids to experience a newer facility, or they are not happy becuase there is not a full time ( we do have part time) music and p.e. teacher(s). I guess it may be because I went to school at SMM, but I don't necessarily think that newer is better. I am not saying that is the only way I feel. I am thrilled the girls get to go to BCCHS, which they are expanding, I am just saying that there is a lot of memories and tradition at SMM, and I kind of think it is sad, that people don't want to be a part of it. It is only my opinion though.

Anyway, Jeff has been a good friend. He remodeled our store room a few years ago, and hung out with us practically every day.

I will miss him and his family.

No comments: