Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Dairy Queen Story

Val and I both have a weakness for the butterscotch dipped cones at Dairy Queen. You can only get them at a Dairy Queen store or at the one at Towne West. Towne East does not sell them. Unfair!
Anyway, my story. Yesterday, when we went to Carlos OKelleys, Val left her wallet on accident. She realized it when we were at church last night, so I slipped out and made some calls home and to her grandma's to see if they knew what happened to it.
Grandma called the restaurant and they had it, so we went there after we ate dinner (Mark BBQed salmon. It is awesome!).
It was just Val and I and we passed that Dairy Queen on the way there, so she said we should get ice cream. Now, we did not have Emily or Mark with us, so stupid me, said call home and see what they would like.
Mark wanted a banana split, Emily wanted a hot fudge sundae. So, we order and pay, and get the dipped cones too, and they start handing the cones out, and the banana split, but there are no lids to fit on the sundae, so I tell Val she has to hold it.
Did you know that not only were we a good 15 minute drive from home, our DQ ice cream was all soft serve.
It was chilly last night, but we drove home with the air conditioning on full blast and after I ate my cone, I took the sundae from Val, who was holding it in front of the vents, while eating her cone, while also balancing the banana split on her leg as close to the vent as she could get it.
Her little fingers were frozen solid! Mine were too, by the time we got home.
The sundaes were edible when we got home, but I don't think the hot fudge was too hot. Still good though!
Lesson Learned. If you are buying sundaes for someone, they must be with you at the time of purchase!!!!! Right Val?

No comments: