Monday, June 23, 2008

Val's Got Junk!

We have spent part of the summer cleaning out all the useless stuff we have. Which is a lot. First it started in Emily's room. I threw out clothes, toys, trash, junk in general, then the living room, that is when Mark built that nifty bench.
Next I moved on to my room. If it did not fit in the closet, and was not worn in the last season, it was gone!
The bathroom didn't have a lot of trash thrown out, but got a good scrubbing.
I cleaned up the kitchen, and still need to go through 2 cupboards in the pantry.
First, though, is Val's room. She wants to be sure I don't get rid of any treasures though, so I am guessing this room will take about a week. This is our project to start today, when we are not helping Brian move, or picking Emily up from her SHelbie sleepover.
I know a lot of people are going to think we should have a yard sale, but I was never one to have them, work at them, or go to them.
There is something very satisfying to me about just throwing it all away.....It is worth more to me than the money, I guess.
And I love money.

2 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

When you're done over there, come do mine!! You talk about junk, I got junk.

Danelle said...

Hey. I've been doing this lately too. But our stuff is going into the garage in a pile. We on the other hand, are having a garage sale. I love to get money for my junk! One man's junk is another man's treasure