Friday, June 20, 2008

I Heart Movies

OK, you all know how much I love movies. We have a whole wall of movies, from floor to ceiling. I collect them. But, due to space and the cost, we have been exploring alternatives. Movie theaters are fun, but too expensive to go all the time, and I am no good at going to a store to rent one, because I tend to start browsing, lose track of time, and forget why I went in the first place.
Our friends, Jonny and Dasha, told us about Netflix. Now, this is a really cool deal! We pay less than $10 per month, and we get to watch unlimited hours of tv or movies, what they have available (it's older titles) on our computer, and we get one movie mailed to us, then when we return it, in an envelope they provide and pay shipping for, they send us a new one. We just keep a list that they send the next available title on. It is perfect for us, and fast. So far, we have watched DAN IN REAL LIFE ( I recommend it), UNTRACEABLE ( good, but gross in parts),BENCHWARMERS ( Val and Emi loved it),CAPOTE (that was Mark's) and SWEENEY TODD ( Mark hated it, I liked it). Yesterday, I mailed back SWEENEY TODD in the morning, and today, they emailed me that they received it and by tomorrow, we will have CHARLIE WILSON'S WAR. That is another Mark pick, in case you were wondering.
I have been completely satisfied so far, and it is fun to browse their movies, and put in titles that I want to see.

No comments: