Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Other Dad....

First of all, I just want you to know that I am totally irritated, I can't get pictures to load. You know that I am computer retarded, so I am sure it is a glitch on my part. I will look into it later, when I have more time. I just did not want any more time to pass, before I honor another Dad in my life...Gary.
I have always loved Mark's dad, and I always will. I still speak to him often, wish he were with us, smile about him, cry about him. You all know the emotions that come up when he is mentioned.
Here are some good memories I carry with me.
BBQ chicken.
Any other bbq- I will always choose to think that he never let a hot dog touch my burger, no matter how much people tease me about it.
Dog track- I always bet on the blue dog. And usually won, even though Gary would tabulate and research, sometimes it worked for him, but sometimes not.
I buy if you fly- he would order pizza as long as someone else went and picked it up. Val used to call it pae-pae.
flower Sunday- he used to buy flowers for Nancy, Danelle and I when he was sick, and he always got me daisies.
Hugs, Loves, and Kisses
A shoulder to cry on
An ear to listen
Great Advice
I am starting to get emotional so back to silly.....
Dropping Mark on our doorstep after Tim's bachelor party
Juicy Fruit gum
Val, Papa and Skippy going to the dump on Saturday mornings
The best times were just hanging out on the weekends, sometimes doing stuff, sometimes not.
We always knew how much work he needed help with on the weekends when we drove up, because if the garage door was open, Mark went straight to work. He never minded though!
Gary- he was (and is still) one great dad!!!!!

2 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

You know Mischy, he NEVER let a hot dog touch your burger, but you are right, he loved to tease you about it. He loved you so much, and I am so glad to read your memories of him. Do you remember your first Christmas list? YOU were to have everything on it. I would say he spoiled you and Danelle to the inth degree, because you were HIS GIRLS!! I enjoyed this blog very much.

Danelle said...

He may not have touched the hot dogs to your burger but when he went inside to get more sauce or a plate, I did!! HA HA HA HA HA HA
He was an extraordinary man. I'm happy to read this post.