Monday, June 2, 2008

I am adorin' Lauren


This is my gal Lauren. She is awesome!!! She goes to SMM and will be in the 8th grade in the fall. I have watched her/taken her home since the summer after her 1st grade year at SMM. That is a long time.
I have always been linked to her though. Her mom and uncle grew up down the block from me, so we grew up together.
Lauren loves Ramen noodles ( I know they are disgusting) and swimming, doesn't like to read much, but I think she is a smart cookie- and yes, she also likes cookies.
I remember when she first came to our house, just 7 years old, and met Mark, and she called him Mr Young, and he told her she did not have to call him that, so she asked what she should call him, and he said whatever you like, so for the whole summer plus, he was known as Mr. Britney Spears. That is what she came up with.
I also remember when she cut her toe open on a nail, there was a lot of blood. It kind of made me sick.
And the stories. She is hilarious! There is a story she told me and my dad once, about a time she was holding a (real) revolver and running on a hill with her uncle. I think my dad spit his pop out for sure.
I am sure the little darlin' will pop up in stories over the summer. I'm telling you, she is someone everyone should know!

No comments: