Thursday, June 19, 2008

REEE-OOO-REEE-OOOO-REEEE-OOOO


Do you hear the tornado siren? I cannot believe this weather. Every Thursday for 3 weeks now, we have had severe weather. What is up with that?????

I love overcast, rainy days! I really do. I think I am allergic to the sun, and everyone I know knows how much I hate to be even a little too hot, but come on! Enough is enough! I am sick of seeing Mark watching the radar every Thursday night, but I am grateful.

Now, he loves a good tornado. He used to chase them with his friends in their younger days.Not now though, now he drives away from them.

The only thing that really gets me is the flooding in the streets. I am terrified of drowning,and I just know that one day I will be carried off in a wave, and drown in my car.

One Halloween night that did happen to us. We had just left Gram and Papa's apartment, and it was raining really hard. We were stupid to leave, but we did, and on Meridian, our little Ford Aspire actually got picked up and moved a little in the street from the rain. I know it did. I felt it!

So, now I still love the rain, but hate the floods. Even as I look outside now, the sun is shining away, less than 15 minutes ago, it was pouring down.

Ya gotta love Kansas!

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

OKAY, when did the sirens go off? No one coming into the hospital said anything about sirens. I'm with you kiddo, enough is enough. Tomorrow at 626PM (I think) is the first day of summer, so maybe God will recognize the season, and take this stuff and stuff it.