Sunday, June 1, 2008

TIm




This is my oldest nephew Tim. He is 16. Does this make me old? NO!
He lived at my mom and dad's house for a number of years after he was born, so we have really gotten to know him. It was really hard for him when Val was born, he lost a lot of attention, but he rallied, and now he and Val are more like brother and sister, than cousins.
Tim is a good kid. He went through grade school at SMM, and applied to BCCHS, and was accepted, but decided to go to Derby High School instead. I think it was a wise choice, Catholic school was a bit stifling to him, but he is doing absolutely awesome where he is now.
Tim is a very talented artist. He draws, and paints, and is doing a really great project for Nanny for her birthday next month, drawing portraits of each of her 5 grandchildren. I saw the one he is working on of Val, and it is really excellent. I was very impressed.
I love Timon, that is my nickname for him. Don't tell him I still call him that though, even though he still calls me his Aunt Minnie. He is also responsible for naming my mom Nanny, my dad Buddy ( that is because each night my dad would get home from work and get his stroller out to take him for a walk around the block , and he would say Come On Little Buddy, when Tim was old enough to talk, that is what he called him), and my absolute favorite, he could not learn to say Aunt Suzy for my sister, it came out Aunt Doody. I love it! And, she is a teacher at Derby High by the way, and I heard he once slipped and called her that at school. I did not think it was a big deal, because when he went to SMM every day at lunch he called me Minnie, but Suzy was quick to remind me that the names are quite different. Whatever!
The cute girl in the pic is Tim's girlfriend Tysanna. She is very sweet. Just wanted to mention it.
Anyway, I love my Timmy- toes.

No comments: