Thursday, July 31, 2008

Frustration

I love to go to the grocery store. Especially Dillons, but I also like to have enough time to get what I need done, done.
Today, Valleri came to me and wanted to get an itunes card. She had her own money, and she wanted to download an album. Easy enough, right?
Wait.
As we get ready to leave, Emily doesn't want to go. She had just started a movie, and she and Lauren wanted to watch it. Fine.
Oh, but could I get her some gum?
Yes.
No, wait, could I have Sun Chips garden salsa instead?
Fine.
But, as we got in the car, I was not sure if KMart sold them, so we went to Dillons.
Val got her card, but the UScan lady said she had to go through a regular register.
So we waited. Finally, it was her turn, but it would not scan. She called the manager, who couldn't figure anything out, so she called the Scan Manager, who said it would take her 2 minutes to enter it into the computer, then it would be fine.
Fine.
10 minutes later, she brings the card back, it is scanned, paid for, and we are on our way.
Val goes directly to her itunes account on her laptop, but when she enters the number,it says that the card is inactive, please return it to the purchase area.
OK. She spent her own money. What am I going to do? We go back to Dillons.
I assure her I am not mad at her in any way. Just irritated at them.
We walk in and run into the same manager chickie who tried to help us before, and she still had no idea, so she called the Scan Manager back, who didn't enter the stuff in the computer correctly in the first place. We explain all of this to them, and they look at each other, but not at us. I can tell this will not go well. Luckily, we had the receipt!
Scan Manager says if we could just give her 10 minutes more, she was sure she could fix this problem.
OK, but that is about all the time we have, I lied. Not really lied, that is all the patience I had more like it.
25 (yes, 25) minutes later, we are still standing there. Manager chickie passed us once and said are you still waiting,but kept on her merry way, not even stopping to hear our answer.
So, I get back in the courtesy booth line, and ask the clerk to please find out what is going on. She does, by calling Scan Manager, who is supposedly still on hold with someone in Hutchinson.
At this time, Val and I both agree a refund is in order, which she gets.
So, we go across the street to KMart, the place we should have gone in the first place, if not for the Sun Chips.
I ask immediately at their courtesy counter where the cards are located. The clerk says Electronics. The clerk in Electronics is just standing around, so I ask him where the itunes cards are, but he says to us, they are up at the front.
HUH?
I told him, that the courtesy clerk said they were back with him, so we search and find them. I asked him if Val could just pay at his register, which he said yes, and took the card to scan.
It would not scan.
Again.
AAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, I am about to have a heart attack because my blood pressure is sky rocketed, and all I can do is laugh.
The second card he got worked.
He had no idea what was so funny.
Long story short, the card worked.
PS- I know you can use a debit card on itunes, but Val hates that, because she likes to have some credit, for things she wants.

2 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

GOOD GRIEF Charlie Brown. Customer service just ain't what it use to be. You are the picture of patience MAY!!! I would have been livid at the end of 25 minutes.

Danelle said...

I would have SCREAMED right there in the middle of the everyone.