Saturday, July 12, 2008

This Was Yesterday.....

Have you ever thought something was going to be so easy and simple, and not take a lot of time, and then it turns into a disaster????? Not a disaster really, but more time than you think it will?

I woke up the little darlings at 8:15, so we could start our day. We went to the bank, and then had to run back home because I forgot something. Then we were on our way, the first stop was to take Val's skirts to be hemmed and altared. Easy right? Actually, that was, even though the skirts reached Val's ankles, at the initial try on. I thought that would be fine, but she insisted on showing a little leg. Well, to the knee at least.
Val's school uniform this year requires a white oxford shirt. Those should be easy to find, right? RIGHT???? WRONG!!!!!!!
First, we tried WalMart. Nothing. They did have navy blue knee socks though, and Val needed some of those also, but she wanted the dark green. Not navy blue. Probably because I could find navy blue. So we moved onward.
Target was next. No white dress shirt. No knee socks in navy or dark green. HUH????!!!!!!
JCPenney was next up. I was starting to lose my patience. No socks. I told Val if all that was available was navy, that is what she would get,and too bad, so sad! She was not happy.
We searched for the white shirt. I was looking and calling Parker Uniform at the same time. Just as I found one, Parker picked up, so I asked how much the shirts there were, and it turned out that they were $16 cheaper at Parker than the ones I found at Penney's.
I don't know why I didn't just go there in the first place. It didn't even cross my mind to try there honestly. I must have had a mental block against the poor place, thinking that I already had the skirts, and the actual uniform store was going to be too pricey, but it wasn't,and you know what else? They had the green socks too.
5 pairs.
Peace was once again restored to the land.

1 comment: