Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Dirt Bowl


This is my favorite bowl. I pop popcorn in it. I mix brownies and cookies in it. French fries, salads, goulash, you name it.
When Gary died, Mark was working at Blockbuster Video, in El Dorado for Larry Fugate. His immediate "supervisor" was a man named Geoff. Geoff sent a beautiful cactus arrangement in this bowl to the funeral, so we took it home, when the flowers were divided.
Of course, if you know me, you know that I don't have a green thumb, and I eventually killed off all the cactus. Almost an impossible feat! The bowl sat on our table for a while. I don't know why I didn't throw it out, but I kept it, and started using it. The girls were tiny at the time, and they are the ones who started requesting the dirt bowl, and the name stuck.
It will always be my favorite thing I keep in my kitchen I think, because it reminds me of Gary every time I use it, and also of the girls being "little".

1 comment:

Danelle said...

My mom had a bowl we used for everything. I think she still has it. I always thought of it as the speckle bowl. It had speckles of color in it. Kinda like the dirt bowl.