Monday, July 7, 2008

I Have Done The Impossible

I got Mark excited for Christmas. I know, right. It is crazy!!!
Ok, you know I start planning crazy early, so yesterday, I was looking at my list, because I bought a couple of presents, and was writing them down, and then, we started talking about Santa Claus presents. So, we just put it out there to Val. What is she thinking about. We gave her a few suggestions, and she said that what she really would like is a brand new room.
New bed.
New floor.
New door.
New paint.
New everything.
So, that means major destruction/construction. It is perfect. Mark does the work, and I do the shopping. Emily is on board too. She also wants hers redone.
They will have to sleep on the pullout sofa for a few weeks, but they were also fine with that.
As soon as we are done, I am going to wrap their doors, so they won't see anything until Christmas.
Each girl is going to help on the other's room, so this way, Mark gets to spend quality time with them too. So, like when he is doing Emily's room, Val will help him, and reverse.
I think it will be good. They won't have as much under the tree, but that is their sacrifice. And mine.

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

That sounds exciting. Have they chosen themes yet? I guess they are growing up.