Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vacay!

Emily and I are on a 5 day vacation! Val is also off school on Monday, so she will have 3 days off. 3, not 5, as Emily has said more than once today. Mark doesn't get any days off. In fact, he has been away from home more than he has been here this week, with meetings, work, school and overtime.
So, I woke up this morning, and I thought of Gary's Vacation Song. I never actually heard him sing it, but, I have heard Mark sing and reference it many times. He has been on my mind a lot this week, since Monday would have been his birthday. I did go visit him on my way to pick Val up from school. Took him a little rubber duckie with a note on it, since it was so rainy outside. Val told me when she went to the car that day, that she spent some time in the chapel at school, she didn't know why she wanted to go there, but she just knew she needed to. When I told her I had been to Resthaven, she said, she must have needed to get some close time with her Papa. Sweet.
Back to vacation. Emily and I dropped Val off at school, then went to Walmart, and now we are home waiting to pick Val up. All of a sudden, I have time on my hands. I don't know what to do with myself. Good thing it's dance class tonight!

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

I hope you guys enjoy your days off. Thank you for what you said about Gary. I thought about him all day Monday, and was trying to visualize him at 68. I am sure he would have been out on that golf course hitting that ball around. I know nothing would have changed, that beautiful silver hair and that wonderful smile, and the light in his eyes would have been there. I also know that he was on his knees right beside "our" sweet Val. Thank you again, you all bring such joy to my life.