Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Know If You Keep Up With My Blog...

...then you must know me very well, so this should come as no surprise.
Val got a different homecoming dress. It didn't start out that way. She got a lovely dress this summer, that was on clearance, and it is beautiful, so I bought it. Knowing that she would someday wear it. I still believe she will. Sometime. Just not the week after next.
We went to the mall for the finishing touches of her homecoming outfit. We went to Dillard's, and there it was. The most gorgeous dress Val had ever seen. Her eyes lit up when she saw it. I told her to try it on, for fun. She looked like a princess. So, she got it. I know, I know, but a young lady can never have too many party dresses. I am going to wait to put a pic of it here, until the dance. She also got all her accessories, after many calls to her friend Kaitlyn to compare what she was getting at Town West, while we were at Town East. I think she has it covered. Her grandma is going to do her nails that day for her, and I am taking her for a hair appt.
Not to be outdone, Emi got to go to Aeropostale, her fave store, and pick out a sweater and a couple of tank tops. She is adorable, and I will take her pic when she wears her new clothes.
Other highlights of the weekend, include:
BC beat South on Friday. Jake got hurt, but his dad, Andy said he would be ok.
You know, how you want to say one thing, but say something else? It happens to me a lot. Here is the latest example. Lauren and Emi wanted to play in the field next to the bleachers with Shanae, so I told them to come to the bleachers when the bell rang. I meant to say when the buzzer went off, but it just didn't come out that way.
Mark just shook his head, as Carol laughed, and laughed.
Emily learned the cutest dance combination in dance class last week. Ask her when you see her. Maybe she will give you a little of it. She is a little sad, because her teacher is moving to Hawaii next month. She'll get a new one though.
Family bbq was small but fun. Willy and Carla are so sweet to have us out each year! Allysa's pix are so adorable! I can't wait for the invite to go and visit, so we can see her, and cuddle her, and kiss her and hug her.
We watched MADE OF HONOR yesterday and MARTIAN CHILD. Both were very good. I liked MARTIAN CHILD more, but I also really like John Cusack. I am going to watch FINDING AMANDA today.
I need to get the girl's breakfast ready, so they can start homework now.

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

The NEW dress is really pretty. Good color for "blue eyes".