Sunday, September 14, 2008

Homecoming


She got the dress.
She got the shoes.
She got the guy.
This is Hunter. Val's boyfriend. Really! He asked her to go out with him over the weekend, and last night invited her to Homecoming Dance.
We had already bought the dress and ordered the shoes, before the invitation, because it is a perfect dress for her. We couldn't pass it up.
I have been told by no less than 6 girls that he is hot. I think he is a nice kid. We spent a lot of yesterday together.
Val was dreading Chuck E Cheese for Connor's birthday, because she wouldn't have anyone to hang with, and was joking around about it, and he offered to go. This is when they liked each other but were not saying yet. You know, Friday.
So, I made arrangements on Saturday to pick him up,and take him with us. I met his mom, she seems sweet. We chit chatted on the way to the pizza place. It was just Val, Emi and I because Mark had to work yesterday.
He was a good sport, never been there before, but they had fun hanging out. He is from St Francis Parish.
Next, we had cake and presents, then I took them to the mall, because Val wanted him to meet Julie Nguyen, who was shopping for a dress for Kapaun's Homecoming, which she is going to with Jack, from the 8th grade boys basketball team last year.
Anyway, then I took him home, we went home to get ready for the game. I took Val, Emi, and Lauren to pick Hunter up again ( or gather him, as it were-get it? Hunter,Gatherer??? ) and Mark rode with his friend Sam and his son Cole.
I guess he was nervous to meet Mark, but you know Mark is a softie at heart, and didn't torture him too much, so they scooted off, and sometime during the game, he asked her to Homecoming, which is October 4, and the same day she has a hair appointment with Sarah for a cut, so that was really good planning!!!!
So, that is my story, and I am sticking to it.

2 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

OH MY!! He is a cutie! Just don't know if he is as cute as 'our' Valleri! What excitement for her. A new dress, shoes, and beautiful hair, and a nice good looking guy! What more could a girl ask for. I would love to see her all dressed up for her first dance. I gotta go now, time for tears.

Danelle said...

a boyfriend!! wow!! that's big news. let me know if it's still the same tomorrow. (ha, you know how they change daily at this age) he is a cutie too!