Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fat Factory

OK, you all know of Mark Vasquez, I think, but in case you don't, I will give you a little about him.
Mark is Shanae's dad, who is in Emi's class, and also was the person who got Val really interested in running. He was her distance coach in track, and her cross country coach, and also was in charge of the Pavement Pounders this summer.

Now, the story,
Val has been losing weight. Like a lot, for her.
Her jean shorts just won't stay up anymore without a belt, and I have talked to Carol and Mark V. about it. Carol said it was maybe because of everything being new, and racing around all the time, but Mark has a different theory.
He said it is lunch.
He believes we are running a fat factory at school. We don't really. We are responsible to report to the state, a certain amount of all the food groups, calories, but school lunch is heavy on carbs.
I guess that is the reason.
I just wanted to remember Fat Factory.
I think it is funny. I think Mark is funny, and he's a good guy too!
Maybe I should try to find Val some suspenders. That's a fashion statement!!!!

No comments: