Saturday, February 7, 2009

A vote



Here's the deal. Val has the 80's flashback homecoming dance in a week. We have narrowed her down to 2 hairstyles, the classic side ponytail, and the hairspray laden ratting of the bangs and sides.
I think the ponytail is cute, but kind of looks like 70's roller disco, and Val was not happy with the amount of hairspray in the other style, but also understands she would need even more. This is just all she would tolerate, until the votes are counted.
So, you have until Thursday evening to decide..... Think back to that glorious decade, then let your heart guide you to the vote!
PS- She absolutely could not stop laughing the whole time we were doing this. Mainly due to Emily's comments, but these were the best pix we could get.

10 comments:

Michelle's Musings said...

SIDE PONYTAIL

Michelle's Musings said...

No, I did not say this! Val said it. She is getting the other one!!! It is more classic... She just doesn't want to sit there as long while I do it, but it is much cuter!

Monica said...

Hairspray infused, comb-teased, BIG hair. Definitely. Hands down. I mean it! That's my vote and I'm stickin' to it.

And yes, Gemma is definitely on the mend, thanks for the comment!

Gram~cr'kr said...

I vote for the BIG hair,

sorry Valli, but it is way cuter on you, plus "you gotta look the part". Just so you know, she tried to bribe me to vote ponytail, but I was told to be honest. A flip on the ends would be icing on the cake. LOVE YOU VAL!!

Dannon said...

Totally gotta go with the hair sprayed look....big bangs with wings was so in. I have a great photo of myself with that EXACT hair style if you need an example to go off of! :) Dannon

Grannymouse said...

BIG hair is the way to go!!

The Timster said...

The side pony tail is more 80's. Big hair came in a bit later

Gram~cr'kr said...

OH what a suck up you are Uncle Tim!! Ponytails were hot hot hot in the late 50's, but BIG hair was in vogue in the early 60's mid 60's saw the long long straight hair, in fact they ironed it; the shag was big time in the 70's, with still some of the long long straight hair. But the 80's was high ratted bangs with flips on the ends, or as one comment said "wings"

Gram~cr'kr said...

Okay, I have done a little research on 1980 hairstyles. Uncle Tim is correct when he said that side pony's were in. BUT, big hair was in big time. The top of the hair was ratted to where it would stand up without the benefit of spray. I saw a picture of some actors in one of the popular shows of the time. If the hair was long it was big on top, with the sides hanging down. The ponytail was held by a rubber band that had two marble like balls. I was amused at the description of the ratting. It explained that it was ratted to a "cloud" like style. Now let me tell you, that is some serious ratting. Just wanted to clarify my earlier comments.

Danelle said...

I vote for BIG hair. If you can get it even bigger it would be even better!!