Thursday, December 11, 2008

Part of the Solution


Mark has been working in Greensburg this week, and will be for a while. He will come home on weekends, for the next few weeks, months, years, whatever it takes. This is the slow season for electrical/construction work, so he has to be flexible and take what he can get.
I am sure you remember that Greensburg was hit by a tornado a while back and it devestated the town. Now they are rebuilding and the company Mark works for is one of the electrical contractors that are helping out. So, he is working long days and then has to stay in a hotel in Pratt, because there is not enough lodging in Greensburg. Makes for LOOOOONG days!!!!!
So, you may have heard, that Greensburg is going green. Mark says it is very interesting, the changes they are making to make the town eco-friendly. He sent some pictures, but I can't find them in the file, because Val named them, and I am not sure how to retrieve them. I don't want to wake her up early, because she already has to get up earlier now that there is only one of me, and there are a lot of things that have to be done in the mornings, that was easier when Mark could do half. I have never learned to split myself down the middle, not even after doing this for so many years.
Anyway, back to Mark. Apparently on one of the Discovery Channels, there is a program about Greensburg, and Mark said he would be on it, because they are documenting the rebuilding. I haven't been able to find it yet, and doubt he would be on so soon, since this was his first week out there, but I think when he is on it, that would be exciting, and I will keep you posted....

1 comment:

Monica said...

My sister's hubby is the superintendent for the rebuilding of the Dillon's/QuikShop out there in Greensburg. She can feel your pain about the way your weeks are. She goes out sometimes to Pratt and they stay at the hotel too, as they don't have school age kids (incidentally, her name is Michelle also), but it has been pretty rough. She is looking forward to the project being FINISHED!!!!!