Thursday, December 18, 2008

Merry Christmas To Me... Sarcasm Style

The Grinch is alive and well in South Wichita! Mark's truck was broken into last night, and the stereo, subwoofer and amp were stolen. The most horrible thing, as I told the police officer who took my report, was his backpack with schoolbooks in it. Mark came home from Greensburg, just so he would not miss class, and left his backpack in the truck. His books are gone....his calculator is gone.... his backpack is gone.... GRINCHY!!!! THey popped out the back panel window, and voila got his stuff. Now, he is gone too... back to Greensburg for the day.
It is horrible for this to ever happen, but this is an EXTREMELY horrible time of year! I consider myself to be a Christmasy person, but there is only so much a person can take before it is too much! Mark has always leaned a little more toward the Ebenezer side of Christmas, but I believe he truly enjoys the season, deep deep down.
Sorry if I am short with you today, I have already been up over an hour, and it is only 5:15 am. I'll let you know next time something good happens to us, to balance out the Grinchiness....
I am going to go drive around the block and see if I see the backpack or books.... we don't really want to replace them if we can help it!

5 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gram~cr'kr said...

I deleted my first comment, sorry. I will start again.
Don't loose your Christmas spirit, it is who you are!
I think these particular Grinches were lazy good for nothing bums, who prey on others. They inflict their miserable souls on others. Those type of persons make me crazy, and unless you have had your space invaded you just don't understand how it feels. I guess there will always be those type of people (if you can call them that) who are going to steal from others. LOVE YOU ALL!!

Grannymouse said...

Maybe the A-holes will look at the books (they probably can't read) and try to do some electrical work and fry themselves. I think that woulld be called poetic justist.
Hang in there guys, they could have taken the whole truck.
Love and Hugs to you all!!!!!!!

Danelle said...

That sucks. I love Aunt Sherry's comment. I hope that made you smile too. Hang in there.

smmtigersports said...

Most of the book were conduit bending books. I have my bender still and if they want it, I'll be happy to give it them. Straight up there A$$