Monday, November 24, 2008

Tag, I'm It....



So, here's the deal. My friend Dannon tagged me to do a blog about mi amore, Mark. First, I would like to say how flattered I am to be chosen, I have never been tagged before. It is very exciting! At the end of this blog, I will tag 3 of my faithful followers, so stay tuned!
Husband's name- This is so easy! Mark Kevin Young
How long married- Right away, I am going to freak people out, but it is true! On Dec. 6, it will be 17 years!
How long dated- Now stay with me here, but we only dated about 2 months before deciding to get married, and we were married about 7 weeks shy of knowing each other for a full year. I like to think that he knew a good thing when he saw it, and didn't want it to get away. HAHA!
How old is he- Another complicated question! Mark is really and truly 37. But, on his 22nd birthday, my mom mistakenly gave him a 21st birthday card, and has carried this tradition on each year since...
Taller- That would be him. Not by a lot, but enough.
Who can sing best- All him. He used to be in a band. I would never subject you sweet people to the horrors of my singing voice...
Smarter- Mark is in school, at the top of his class, no less, and knows all this historical stuff, and how to fix stuff, but I do have a modicum of common sense, and I am the better speller.
Laundry- I don't think Mark has ever touched the machines in his life. He does remind me to clean out the lint traps though.
Paying bills- That is 100% me. He has no idea what we have, he just hands over his money to me, and I take every cent! HAHAHAHAHA- evil laugh!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed- If you know me, you know I have horrible sleep patterns. I sleep on the right side, so I can get up whenever I can't sleep without waking the hubby, who sleeps like a rock, by the way.
Mows the lawn- That is me. Mark used to, but when he started working on the road, I would do it, when it had to be done, and now he says I do such a good job.... yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, his allergies, don't do well with the grass clippings either.
Cooks dinner- All me. It is my business after all. Mark used to on Saturday nights when we were at church, but when they changed the mass schedule, I do it now when we get home. He does BBQ though, and makes an awesome pizza...
Who's the first to admit they are wrong- That is all him. I call myself Grudgey. I have anger issues.
Who kissed first- It was instantaneous. After we got over our mutual distaste for each other.
Who wears the pants- Mark wears the pants, I wear capris.

And now, to name the 3 lucky winners.... drumroll please ...... First, my sister in law Danelle, who started me on this blogging business. And for 2 different takes on the subject, my brother in law Tim, who will give a man's perspective, and will at least update his blog info, and my mother in law Nancy, who can fill us all in on my late, great Gary Young. Have fun and Love you!

7 comments:

Monica said...

This was fun to read, all kinds of interesting info! So great to be back in touch. Have a great Thanksgiving!

smmtigersports said...

WOW, I didn't know I did so little. Guess you're right about who's smarter :[]

Gram~cr'kr said...

Love those pictures.

Grannymouse said...

OMG Those dresses. I remember those dresses!!!!!!!!!!!

Danelle said...

Hey..remember when Stacy Boxberger went to your wedding?? gosh, seems like ages ago! ha ha..

Michelle's Musings said...

Hey, remember the day WE met, and Mark fell off his rollerblades by Sand Creek, then we cut her out of all of our wedding photos????
Good times!

Gram~cr'kr said...

I remember that girl, EVIL!!