Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Mormon Cricket

Yesterday, before we went to dance class, Val was on the phone with Hunter in her room, and she started screaming bloody murder. Usually, Hunter does not garner this kind of behavior in Val, so Mark went to investigate. There was an UGLY bug in her room. Like, uglier than Tim and Danelle's possum.
I had not seen it. I went in there, and Val was jumping around, Emily was laughing, Mark was trying to find something to kill it with, and I told Emily we had to leave.
As I walked down the hall, Emily told me it was in my hair, the stinker!
Well, that gave me shivers, and I freaked a little, but nothing like Val.

By the time we got home, the situation was taken care of.
Kudos to Mark for getting rid of it, and identifying the creature.
Kudos to Hunter for calming Val down. He has no idea how much maintenance she requires, the poor kid, although I think he is starting to get the idea....

On a side note, unrelated, you should all ask Emily to show you the spin she learned at Jazz class last night. She does a pirrhouette, and spins at the same time, downward, then lands in a pose close to the floor. It is very cool, if she can get her spin fast enough!

2 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

What is a Morman cricket?
I love your page, it's really nice.
Can't wait to see Emi dance.

Danelle said...

You sure it wasn't a Catholic Cricket?