Friday, November 21, 2008

Bad Luck

Do you ever feel like bad luck surrounds you? Like you have a little raincloud over your head?
That's my week!
I hate car trouble, and I had it this week.
It's fixed now, but who wants to deal with a "fried starter"?
A 3rd grade girl's mom at school was the woman in the accident earlier in the week when the semi tire and rim flew off and hit the car on the highway. That was the little girl's mom. She is expected to eventually be OK, but it is very emotional for her, and she continues to go to school. She is a little darling!
I ripped the string off my favorite apron. I am going to fix it over vacation though.
Even Mark admitted that we have had a run of bad luck lately. He usually says I am overreacting, but not this time! He said maybe the tide would turn soon. Maybe.
Val has been on high alert this week also. She has 3 tests today. And, since next week is vacation, she won't be seeing Hunter and her other friends EVERY day. Just a few times. It is devastating to her. On Thursday, on the way home, they realized that Hunter had forgotten his cell phone in his mom's car, and Val was just like not believing it. She asked him how they were going to talk that night. I suggested that she call his home phone and actually speak into it, like in the old days, but he got his dad to take him to get it, so that ended well. One silver lining of the week.
I am absolutely going to help Emi tomorrow clean her room out. We do it every Thanksgiving vacation, to get ready for Christmas. I have been threatening to do it for a few weekends now, but this is it. It will get done!
Anyway, sorry I haven't had anything to say this week. I didn't want my bad luck to rub off on you. Share some, if you are having good luck this week!

3 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

I remember one summer when the boys were younger. Mark got smacked in the mouth with a baseball bat, ended up in ER to get stitches in his mouth; then same summer Tim was playing baseball and Mark got smacked in the head with another baseball bat, thank goodness no ER trip. Same year Gary was playing baseball also and he ended up in ER with a split facia in his leg...was on crutches. It was interesting and expensive. It also reminds me of a car we had 44 years ago that would not start in the winter. Uncle Bud came over every morning and jump started it. I really hated that car. It was a salmon color with silver wings on it, it was a Ford. Stuff happens and the tide will turn, keep smiling it could be worse I guess.
Love to all.

Monica said...

MICHELLE!!! I didn't know you had a blog!!! Long time no talk too. I read Dannon's blog and stumbled upon yours from hers. It took me awhile to realize it was you. I know, I'm a little slow. :) Anyways, hope all is well. Who was the 3rd grader's mom in the car wreck, do I know them? Check my blog out if you get a chance, little Gemma is 10 1/2 months, can you believe it? I LOVE being a mom. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

Michelle's Musings said...

The little girl is Fernanda Reyes. Her mom is expected to be fine.