Friday, November 14, 2008

Holidays With Older Kiddos

This is the first year I have really felt it. It started with Halloween. Val went to a movie party and EMily went Skating. No trick or treating. No costumes- well not really. Emily needed halloween themed clothing and Val did get bunny ears. Not playboy though!Cute ones.
Christmas will be different though too. Tonight, the girls and I are going Christmas shopping. This is the first year that I have let them in on all my secrets. Not what they are getting, but what everyone else is. I am letting them help decide, so God help you! If you think something you receive is a little wonky, just know that Emily may have thought it was the perfect gift for you! I still can't pry Mark out to come and join us though. I think he enjoys seeing what everyone gets the same time they do!
On a side note, it has always been Emily's dream to carry 2 big handfuls of packages through the mall. She will get her wish tonight.
If there are any brave souls who may want to join us on this or a subsequent adventure, we are heading out after a quick dinner. Towne East and Target. Maybe Best Buy.....

One thing that will never change, Santa Claus will always be welcome in our home! With gifts waiting under the tree. I learned that from Gary- no matter how old you are, Santa always visits.....

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

"If you don't believe, you don't get"..G.A.Young(1940-1998)