Friday, June 19, 2009

If I Blinked, I Would Have Missed It!




Last night, was Nancy's BFF's Retirement Party. She worked for the school district at East High for 16 years. That is a lot of detention slips! She retired after this school year ended.
Sharon has 2 kids and 2 grandkids. Todd is the proud father of Lily and Luke, and lives in Chicago and Michelle lives in New Orleans. They came as a surprise. Nancy and the kids set up the evening, and Nancy had to get Sharon there without catching on. She was successful!
Mark and Emily went and were there the whole time. Val had Leapfrogs~summer pole vault club~so I took her to Maize High, then called Mark to see if it was "worth it" to drive from Maize to 13th and Webb then back to Maize. He said to come over, so I did, and was there maybe 4 minutes before everyone decided to leave. Oh well! I just turned around and drove back to Maize....
Wouldn't have missed that hug from Sharon for anything though!!! Now she gets to spend some time with her kids, and that will be the greatest gift of all for her!!!!!

1 comment:

Gram~cr'kr said...

I am glad you got a hug too.