Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Out of the Mouth of a Third Grader...

I have a great job. I work with 2 of my besties for life, in a no stress job, get all the time off I could ever want, and get to see my beautiful Emily every day.
What could make it better?
Stories like this:
There is a 3rd grader at school.Her name is Anahy, she is a little Hispanic girl. Very personable! Since I can remember, she has called me Fishy,and I call her Pickles.Obviously, it is because one day, she asked me what was for lunch, it was Fish day, and she wanted to know if we had pickles too, which we didn't, but we chose the nicknames for each other.
Back to the story~ we keep our silverware in 6 plastic round containers, so they can grab one and go, and when they are empty, there is a group of kids each day, that take it upon themselves to bring them into me in the kitchen. Anahy is one of these kids. She always balances it on her shoulder (yes I wash it afterwards), and tells me it is her parrot, and can I feed it, wash it, and put it to bed. I always say yes, and then she leaves, dancing around, or bowing as she exits, or something, I never really know what she will do.
Yesterday, she had a substitute,and did not come in,so when she came in today, I told her I missed her parrot yesterday, and she said, Yeah, he went and ate lunch at Hooters.

Too funny!

Side note: VAL PLACED 5TH IN HER TRACK MEET YESTERDAY!

2 comments:

Gram~cr'kr said...

Oh, that's funny. You wonder where they hear that stuff.

Monica said...

Oh Anahy!!! She was always such a silly girl.